Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

4 Months Old!

Has it really been 4 months?!? Time does fly and we are having so much fun with Callie! As our pediatrician puts it, "this age is so fun because they laugh and smile and are as cute as can be and can't go anywhere!" Callie is just that - She gives great smiles and we can really get her laughing but she's not too mobile, just rolls over occasionally and turns in circles on the floor.
She's still a little thing weighing in at a dainty 10lbs 15oz (probably 11 lbs by now) an is 25 inches tall. That puts her in the 5th percentile for weight and still hanging around 47% for height. Here's other tidbits in the life of Callie:

- Still wearing size 1 diapers
- Wears some 0-3 month clothes and mostly 3 month clothes but I also have some 3 month outfits that are huge still.
- Has rolled over both from belly to back and back to belly. She'll roll from belly to back more often but there are still times she'll enjoy hanging out on her stomach playing.
- She really likes to grab things now (toys, face, hair) and she's good at sticking them straight into her mouth to chew on them.
- She continues to sleep through the night going to bed around 9 (give or take) and we'll get her up around 6. I'll have to keep the 6am wake up on weekdays because of work but I think I'm going to try and just let her sleep till she wakes on the weekends so I don't have to get up at 6am Saturday morning.
- She gives really great giggles especially right before bedtime as I'm changing her into pajamas. I think I found a tickle spot on the right side of her belly under her arm. Every time I go to take her arm out of the shirt sleeve and brush my fingers there she just starts laughing.
- At bathtime, we just stick her in the tub instead of the baby bath because she's getting almost too long for it and she'll splash more in the tub.
- Callie's eating every 3 hours and takes 4oz in her bottle. Since we're starting foods and moving her up to 5oz in a bottle, I hope to stretch her out a bit more and drop a feeding in there somewhere but we'll see if she'll let me.
- As you hold her, she's preferred sitting up for a while now but recently she likes to stand and she'll stand in your lap for as long as you'll let her. It's neat to see how strong she's getting
- She's found her feet and likes to grab at her socks. Depending on which socks are on, she'll pull them off playing.

That's most of the highlights that come to mind. I'll have to add pictures later (my work computer doesn't let me upload). This weekend we're going to Jason's grandparents for the family Christmas. It'll be a lot of fun as we celebrate not only Christmas with the family but Jason's grandparent's 65th Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment