Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

She's Late!

Well, I guess our baby girl is going to have to learn to be more punctual because she is late and her parents are rarely late to anything. September 10th has come and gone and still there is no sign that she's going to join us soon. We have September 16th set up for induction and since I hadn't made any progress at my last visit, I'll go in the day before to get Cervidil if I still haven't progressed any so that I'm ready Thursday morning for the induction.

I'm still working and will work at least Monday and Tuesday, possibly Wednesday but may take that off just because. I've been feeling fine for the most part. Maybe a bit more tired when I come home and a bit more swelling of my feet after the day but overall I can't complain. Besides the hearing thing, I've had a great pregnancy and have really enjoyed it. There are things I look forward to once she arrives such as being able bend over to do things, getting into my regular clothes again, etc. but I'll miss feeling her move and (sorry if TMI) the lack of visits from Aunt Flow every month. But even though I won't feel her move inside any more, I'll get to share snuggles and kisses and so much with her here.

It is funny how I've altered my normal habits the last week or so. I usually call my mom, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, frequently through the week but haven't as much because I'm sure they think I'm calling because I'm going to the hospital when I do. So, most of my conversations start with "Hi, no I'm not going to the hospital," and then we can continue on. Also, at work and church I'm getting the "we didn't think you'd be here" comments because baby girl hasn't arrived. I thought about making a shirt to wear on Wednesday to church that says:
Yes I'm still pregnant
No I haven't had contractions
Yes I'm being induced Thursday
No I'm not miserable
etc.
I thought it might be funny but I bet some of the older ladies may be offended...

Unfortunately I don't have much more to say for now. Once I get it on the computer I'll share my 40 week belly pic and I also have a great picture of my cankles that appeared Thursday after a day in the OR. Also, I have a great OSU shirt I made that I've worn the last 2 weekends for game day that I'll share. My next update will likely be before we go to the hospital or to introduce our baby girl. Can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment