Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

It's the Final Countdown

Well, if our baby girl decides to arrive on time, we're down to 4 days of our final countdown. I still have in my mind that she's going to take her sweet time and I'll have to force her out on the 16th but she may surprise me. The contractions I do have seem slightly stronger but are still in no way uncomfortabale and it seems like I'll notice more pressure down below time and again so maybe we're making a little progress. I go back on Wednesday to see. My last appointment was ok. I hadn't changed any from the week before - still at 1cm and 75% effaced. All the other "vitals" were normal and to my surprise I didn't have a weight increase. I'm still hanging on at 148 (a 23 pound gain).
This weekend I've got our hospital bag more packed and would just have to throw in the bathroom stuff we use daily to make it complete. I also put the car seat in the car and did some final putting away of things in the baby's room. I also took some disposable "chuck" pads from my clinic just in case my water broke along the way and would need something to protect my car seats. I also had to pack up the things in my office because our clinic is doing some renovations and the next stage will involve my office - most likely while I'm on leave. Therefore, I packed things up so that I knew where to find what I needed and not have to look for it if somebody else had moved things out.
Beyond waiting we don't have much going. We're all ready for her to get here so hopefully she'll come out to play soon! Here's my 39 week picture...will we make 40?

2 comments:

  1. Your belly is so cute! I can't believe it's time for her to get here. Hopefully she'll make her way out soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be getting your nursing cover and a few other home made items to you soon. Once I'm back home Wednesday, I'll get them done and in the mail by Friday. So they might not be there right when she arrives, but soon after.

    Good luck - love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete