Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

6 Months

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Miss Callie! We had her 6 month appointment today and she's doing great! We talked about an eating schedule and how much food/milk she should be drinking, etc. With the other foods on board, they said Callie may just want some milk for a snack and it may not be as much as she has been drinking so hopefully my supply will hold out until 9 months. When/If I run out, they said I could do cows milk at 9 months if needed. We also get to start working on a sippy cup so that'll be fun!
Here's some updates on Callie:
- Weight: a beefy 12 lbs 9 oz (5th percentile)
- Height: 25 in
- Coninues to wear size 1 diapers
- Wearing 3 month, 3-6 month, and some 6 month labeled clothes
- Sits on her own like a champ and plays with toys
- She rolls all around, back to belly, belly to back, but no real crawling motions yet. She will bring her legs up underneath her like an army crawl but doesn't go anywhere with it.
- She eats great. She's had all of the vegetables, most fruits, and a variety of meat combos. We also started rice cereal in the mornings with a fruit. The bottle has been harder to judge lately - if she eats well, she doesn't drink much. If she doesn't eat much, then she'll drink more. I think we'll have to do a Breakfast with food, morning milk snack, lunch food, afternoon milk snack, dinner food, and then milk before bed. We'll see how that goes. Also, as she eats, she has a "bib chaser" as when she takes a bit she'll immediately grab her bib and chew on it too.
- Still a champion sleeper. When she's been congested she'll wake up but go right back to sleep with her pacifier. Other than a few of those nights, she's great sleeping from 8-8:30pm to 7-7:30am.
- She has a great giggle and is more interactive with people "talking" to them. She also likes to reach for faces, which I love, and give baby kisses.
- In the car she occupies herself with her toy and will talk to it the whole car ride. If she gets excited and throws it over, she'll resort to talking to her hand or feet.
- She likes to play in her exersaucer and will jump up and down in it making it bounce. I think I need to invest in a Johnny Jump-up as much as she likes to jump!

My parent's will be in town this weekend and next week for my mom's spring break. I really looking forward to them seeing her since it's been 3 months. Also we'll see Jason's family this weekend too. We'll have some fun times next week and hopfully have good weather while my parents are visiting so we can have some outside play time!

I've tried to upload pictures for this post but have failed so far. Will try again later....

1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you that I'm a bit relieved that you have a little squirt too, and it's not just me? I think our girls are just destined to be petite! We need to get together soon!!!

    ReplyDelete