Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Check up and classes

I had a check up last week that went well. Very uneventful again, which is fine with me. I had only gained a pound from my last visit 2 weeks ago which I was fine with since I gained like 5 at the previous appointment. I'll continue to have 2 week appointments for another month then switch to weekly appointments. Can't believe that I'm close enough to be thinking about weekly appointments. It seems like I have way too much to do before she gets here (like pick a name - Jason and I are so non-committal). I had my work scheduled blocked for the 2 weeks prior to my due date in the event baby girl makes her apperance early. I'll still work the OR and clinic but just won't have my own schedule of patients - I'll just help my doctors in clinic with their schedules.

This past weekend I drug Jason to child birth classes. I think he tolerated it ok...it was mainly for him to know what would happen and what to expect but in this instance, he may have just preferred to find out as we went along. I learned a few things myself and refreshed my memory on others I had learned in school. I have a few questions for my doctor to see what he does in his practice in relation to induction, episiotomies, etc that I'll ask next week when we're back to see him.

Other than that, just working and sort of getting the nursery together. We've painted and the furniture is in the room. I got my blanket yesterday for the day bed we're keeping in the room to match my crib bedding. It matched wonderfully and so now I can't wait to get my crib bedding which may be ready by the end of the week or early next week! Yay! Once more of the room is put together I'll get pictures on here. In 2 weeks is when my parents will be in town and we'll have 2 showers while they're here so I'm sure the room will start filling up. This is the fun part!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for showers! Hopefully I will be able to come if baby Gil here will just stay put. :)

    I thought the childbirth classes were helpful too and I definitely learned some stuff and was reminded of things I'd forgotten. The little ones will be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray everything goes smooth for you,just in case you end up with a C-section... ask your doctor about a double enclosure. Supposed to make it easier for a VBAC in case you have another.

    ReplyDelete