Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

Check-up

I had a check up on Wednesday and everything went well. I'm was way excited that my blood pressure was back to it's normal of 92/56. It's not like the 110 was bad just not what I'm use to seeing. Urine was fine I guess - they never tell me what those results are. And just a side note - FYI this may be TMI for some but...- I find it harder to provide my sample due to my belly being in the way, it's hard to see around it. I may have to start using the hat's they have in the restroom to make it easier. Ok enough of that... Baby's heart rate was 142 and I'm right at the 20 pound mark on my weight gain. Hope I continue on this track because that would put me around 25 pounds at delivery.

The doctor again went over signs of early labor and when to call or go to the hospital if I experience any of these symptoms. We also talked about some of his practices during delivery involving episiotomies and use of vacuum or forceps (questions I thought about after having our childbirth class). Finally, we talked about my next appointment in 2 weeks. I'll have my Group B strep test and it'll be the first time he'll assess to see in what position baby girl is in. After that appointment he'll start seeing me weekly. He didn't mention if I'll get checked then but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. So, getting closer...at times it doesn't seem like I should be this close to the end now but then at other times it seems these last few weeks are dragging on.

This weekend we plan to go to Rogers, Arkansas for a church meeting. Shhh....don't tell my OB. He said I couldn't travel after 28 weeks but to me that seemed a bit early and I personally don't count a 3 hour drive a full blown trip. This is the last thing we have planned that involves any distance and I made sure there was a medical center in Rogers...which is across the street from where our meeting is, and it's only an hour and a half to Tulsa and another hour and a half to Mercy (in OKC where I'm delivering). Plus, if something were to happen, I'm sure Jason would cut down on those driving times quite a bit. :) However, just as a way to insure nothing will happen, we're bringing our car seat along. I figure that if I was prepared I wouldn't need it and if I came unprepared...then, well, that's when we'd need it. SO, I'm not worried and I'm looking forward to a fun weekend seeing a bunch a people we only get to see once a year plus I get to show off my belly!

Next Thursday is when my parents come to town for my showers. I'm so excited to see them because I haven't seen them since April and I was just barely showing then. They've seen pictures of my belly but they'll really get to see it and feel her move around when they're here. I can't wait! Also, my Mom's birthday was this past Thursday so we'll celebrate it while they're here too. It'll be a packed fun-filled weekend!

Have a great weekend everybody!

2 comments:

  1. You should be fine traveling that far. My doctor wasn't concerned about a 6 hour each way trip we took at 36 weeks pregnant, so I'm betting you'll be fine! Also, pack a diaper bag with going home stuff for you and the little girl, and your camera charger and I'll just about guarantee she won't come! :).

    Enjoy the brotherhood meeting. Wish we were going to be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am struggling with peeing on the glucose strip at this point and wondered if no one else was experiencing a problem with it. :) Glad you mentioned it.

    Hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete