Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Insert Final Jeopardy Tune Here...

Yep, I'm just waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Probably borderline impatient but not quite there yet. It's really hard to have everything ready for this baby to arrive and not know when she'll show up. I know I have less than 2 weeks to go till my due date and I know I have a for sure deadline set-up on the 16th if she's not here by then but that seems soooooo far away. I get up every morning wondering if this could be the day. I think of what it would be like if my water broke while at work - I totally wouldn't be embarrassed cause that would be my ticket out. :) I analyze her movements and contractions that I have but they still are really random, don't hurt, and don't last but a few seconds. Even with all this, I can't make anything happen any faster so I'll just have to be content enough to wait.

Being so close to the end, I notice now how people will analyze my belly. One day I've dropped some, the next, maybe not so much. "You've gotten bigger since last week," and then someone else tells me she's going to be a small baby cause I'm not that big. I think it's funny to hear everyone's thoughts on my belly and how it usually turns into the focus of conversation. It's also fun to have patients ask my nurse if I'm still here or if I've had the baby. Those who were coming back for a return appointment around my due date I would tell them I may or may not see them next time so it's nice to hear them ask about me and wish me the best.

I go back to the doctor tomorrow so we'll see how things are. I've already set up my appointments through my due date so that makes it seem closer to the end. I've sort of packed a hospital bag but need to finish it up and actually have it ready instead of sitting in my closet with just a couple pairs of clothes. It would probably be nice to throw in some deodorant and toothpaste and toothbrush so I can be half way presentable while in the hospital. Also, I think I'll put the car seat in the car sometime this week. I've had the base in for a couple weeks but I think I'll go for the whole thing now. Jason's parents are going to visit his sister and her family in Dallas this weekend for the long weekend and I sure hope baby girl doesn't ruin their plans by making an early arrival. I'm sure they wouldn't mind too much but they are celebrating my nephew's 3rd birthday and I don't want to take that away from him. Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment