Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 1, 2010

Catching Up

We've had a busy 2 weeks since my last post. It's been full of visitors, errands around town, visits to the office and also a visit to western Oklahoma to see the great grandparents. Here's a brief recap - mainly with pictures - of what we've been up to.

We got home and had Nonie and Papaw around to help mom out. To our surprise, my Texas Grandma and Grandpa (the Lanes) paid me a visit and stayed for a couple of days. It was fun meeting them and I can't wait to go visit them and spend some time on their farm.




Then, my Pops and Nana came to see me and spent the week spoiling me. Uncle Tony came too for the weekend.





While they were here, we ran errands around town and went to mommy's office so that she could show me off to all of her co-workers. On Tuesday, we all headed off to the Oklahoma State Fair to eat some good food and see some of the exhibits.


Dad and Pops went to Amarillo one day to take Uncle Tony some furniture so Nana, Mom and I ran around town all day. We also went for my first check up at the pediatrician. I was 6 pounds 5 ounces and 20 inches long. My doctor said everything looked great and that he'd see us back when I'm 2 months old. I slept most of the day but it was fun to be out and about. At the end of the week, we went to Nonie and Papaw's house with Pops and Nana to finish the weekend before Pops and Nana had to go home. There we got to surprise Granny and Grand-daddy with a visit. They didn't know we were coming so they were surprised to see us.


Four Generations


We also went to see my great great aunt Lois and miss Dovie. They just loved spoiling me with their kisses.



This past week it's just been us three and it's been fun getting into our own routine. Mom and I went to the grocery store, to her office, and to visit one of her friends new babies this week. We also went with Daddy so he could show me off to some of his factory reps. Thursday night we watched the OSU football game where I did the wave with Daddy when we scored a touchdown. Tonight, Aunt Andrea, Uncle Jeremy, and Connor are coming to visit me. I haven't met Uncle Jeremy yet but I've sure heard some good things about him - can't wait to see them all!

Now that we're settling into a routine, hopefully I can post a bit more regularly. I'll get an update after this weekend's activities.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys have been busy! Those first couple of weeks are crazy, so it's nice when you can try to get into a routine.

    We have to get together again soon. This time with the babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying meeting your family. We sure wish we were close enough to meet you... Goy and Marion would love you.

    ReplyDelete