Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

One Month Old

It's hard to believe it's been a month since our baby girl joined our family. We've had so much fun having her in our lives and I look forward to watching her grow. I'm sad because she is growing so fast! She is still little but I notice her chubbier cheeks, her legs filling out and her clothes getting a bit more snug. Here's some of the info on our one month old:

- We estimate she's around 8 pounds. I was holding her and weighed both of us then handed her off to Jason and weighed again and it was about 8 pounds difference.
- She still wears newborn diapers...possibly getting close to wearing 1's. We haven't had any accidents with the newborns and the 1's look huge so maybe in a week or so she'll move up.
- She wears newborn clothes mainly. I've tried out some of the 0-3 month dress outfits for church (which are huge on her) but I make it work for a couple hours. She's long so the newborns are getting snug lengthwise. I've bought some 0-3 month winter clothes but may have to go get some smaller things if it gets cold soon because those are too big right now.
- On Saturday, October 2nd while Callie was doing tummy time, she rolled over from her tummy to her back. Nonie witnessed it also. Since then she hasn't done it again but get's close.
- She eats on a pretty regular 2.5-3 hour schedule and does pretty well with an eat/wake/sleep cycle. If we've been out and about, she sleeps a bit more and so the evening is more challenging because she doesn't want to fall asleep but once she gets asleep she does well. Most of the time she can go to sleep on her own. If she's fussy and tired, we'll use a pacifier to get her to sleep but she will spit it out once she's asleep.
- She sleeps well also. Depending on when we feed her at night she'll wake up in 4-5 hours but mostly I go to wake her up. My doctor said at 6 weeks I could stop waking her to eat. After that feeding, she'll wake up again about 3 hours later. She's good about eating and going back to sleep during the night so I don't loose much sleep. However, I'm looking forward to when I don't have to wake her to see how long she'll go.

We have a lot of things planned for her second month of life. Dad gets to keep Callie for a day next week while I go to work for a day. Therefore, this weekend we're going to work on feeding her with a bottle. Then, Callie is going to go with me to my CME conference in Norman. I think she'll do fine but if not, I have back up people to keep her. After my conference, Callie will go on her first airplane flight as we travel to New Mexico to visit Pops and Nana. We'll be there for a week spending time with them. Then, we will have fun with Callie's first Halloween. It'll be a busy month but very fun! Here's some pics from the last couple days!


Watching TV with Mom

Meeting up with Uncle Travis and Aunt Vena

Being a ham

Callie's form of Camo

1 comment:

  1. TOO CUTE!!! Wish we were there. I'd love to snuggle up with her:). Can't believe she already rolled over! WOW she's going to be a mover.

    ReplyDelete