Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Progress

I had my weekly check up today and to my surprise I've actually made some progress. I figured I hadn't done much to move towards labor but when he checked me today, he said I was a good 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced (last week was 50% and closed). So, that was encouraging that she won't stay in forever and she might actually come around her due date. He figures I'll be at least 2cm by next week. With 2 weeks left to go hopefully she'll continue to make her way into our world! Other fun facts about our visit today - she is head down, he wanted to feel her head and boy did it take some effort (ouch) but he confirmed head down; BP was 105/60 (yay); her heart rate was in the 140's (awesome); and I weighed in at a hefty 148 (23 lb weight gain so far). I may see the 150's before it's all over but hopefully not for long! I go back next week of course and I look forward to what we find then.

Here are the pictuers of her room. We still have a few random things that have to be moved out but it's pretty much done.


This is her crib (obviously) and on the wall in the box I plan to paint a monogram of her initials once we finally decide on what they'll be


I think I may want a small table between the crib and day bed so that I can put a lamp and the monitor on. That may be my mission this weekend. I was excited to keep the day bed in the room so that when company comes, we can use it and the trundle for guests but as an added bonus, I can use it if needed on long nights.




The dresser has the changing pad on it. It's not as big as some dressers but we were able to get it for the room but also put a small cabinet with baskets in the closet to use for clothes/accessory storage. On the left side of the bathroom door there is Jason's shelf of decorations. It has her John Deere dish set and tractor on it.


This is the valance I made! I'm quite proud of it even though I'm sure it's probably one of the easiest things you can make. We had our crib bedding made so I had the lady who made it order me an extra yard of fabric so I could use it for the valance. The green border was some of the scraps she had left so I was glad to use that too.

We are in the process of putting a ceiling fan in the room. I don't think there's anything wrong with running a ceiling fan in a baby's room but I guess I'll double check with the pediatrician once she arrives. Either way, it'll be up to use if needed.

Now all we need is our sweet baby to bring home to her room! This waiting game is probably the hardest of all - We're ready to meet her!!!

4 comments:

  1. The room looks great. We've run a ceiling fan wherever the kids are sleeping since the day they were born. They actually recommend it because it keeps the air moving and less chance for SIDS is the reason they give. I just know how much better I sleep with air movement. The room looks GREAT!!! And you're just now at my starting weight (good thing I've got quite a few inches on you or I'd feel bad), plus I gained 50lbs with each kid. Topped out with Goy at 199. Don't worry, with breastfeeding and light walking exercise, you'll be back down in no time. I'm just working on toning things now after Marion, but between Goy & Marion, I was able to do it, so should be a piece of cake for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting so close and that's how I measured last before I went into labor... Hmmm... could be soon!!!

    The nursery looks great! You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Well, I stayed at 80%and 2-3cm for two weeks with all of mine. Everybody's different, only time will tell. And I am jealous of your weight gain. I only gained 33 with the first two, but didn't loose it all before getting pregnant in between kids, so it just added on. The third, well, I was too busy and stressed to worry about it and gained about 38 I think. Still struggling to loose it all though right now. I think my body thinks I am suppose to be pregnant again... LOL. Can't wait to meet her or hear what her name is.

    ReplyDelete